Dealing with hand-written notes in Roam?

I’m curious if anyone has a flow they’re satisfied with for dealing with hand-written note images / PDFs in Roam. While I’m generally fine taking notes on a computer these days, certain things like calculations & heavy algebra are still much easier on paper. However, as you’re all aware, the big downside of notebooks is their lack of index-ability and cross-reference-ability.

What I’ve been doing so far is just taking pictures of notes and sticking them in Roam as images. However, the downside of this is that the contents of the notes aren’t searchable. Does anyone have a better solution to this problem? Are people just re-writing all their hand-written notes (in LaTex for math)?

2 Likes

Would it be possible to summarize the key points of the image, then paste the image with an indented bullet?

There’s something to be said about re-writing anyway, as it’s a tool for learning. Summarizing your summary! I realize it’s not necessarily possible with calculations etc.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s essentially what I’d do now. What I’d really like is a way to tag elements of the image as links to other pages, but I know that’s probably not a priority right now.

1 Like

I would enjoy that feature for so. At the very least an easy way of serving them up from tablets or remarkable.